ORIGIN & GROWTH
APTC is a premier institution in Tamilnadu with International standards. It was established in 2007 at the sorakkudi by the public for a quality engineering institution in this part of South Tamilnadu. This prestigious institution, at present, offers 5 diploma courses
The students in India, by and large, are inundated with plenty of choices at the higher education level due to steady rise in educational institutions, Any student who has just completed his sslc and higher secondary course and who does not have a specific plan will be bewildered forever in choosing a good institution from among many.
They are the award of accreditation given by AICTE, New Delhi
Since then, our institution made rapid strides in academic performance, infrastructure development, employability of its graduates, staff welfare, service to the society, strengthening its industry institution interaction, and research and extension work.
VISION AND MISSION
The vision of Polytechnic College is to endeavor for total quality management; the college will strive to achieve this vision by :
• Developing a team of dedicated and competent staff in appropriate learning environment.
• Strengthening industry-institutions relationship through mutually beneficial and constructive interaction.
• Strengthening community services through Human Resource Development. Technical services and support centers.
• By inculcating the qualities of leadership, personality development and good citizenship in the students.
• Offering best quality technical education to students.
• Producing skilled technical manpower meeting international standards and global requirements.
• Ensuring optimal utilization of available resources.
• Providing transparent and efficient administration.
• Conducting job-oriented courses in appropriate technologies for benefit of society.
• Interacting with industries, alumni and society by offering mutually beneficial services, creating unshakeable trust and maintaining high moral standards.
ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
FIRST YEAR DIPLOMA:
Candidates seeking admission to First Year should have passed S.S.L.C. (10 years of schooling under new regulation with eligibility for admission to Higher Secondary course of study) or any other qualification recognised as equivalent and approved by the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Tamil Nadu. Admission to the First Year Diploma course is based on the total marks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying examination.
SECOND YEAR DIPLOMA:
HSC (Academic or Vocational Stream) / 10 th std with 2 years ITI students can directly join the second year of the three year Diploma programme under Lateral Entry System in our Polytechnic College.